Ecommerce Web Site
Ecommerce web sites without compromise.
Companies that are planning to improve the operations of an existing ecommerce web site or move their mission-critical commerce functions onto the Internet may face a difficult challenge in selecting a partner that can provide all the necessary expertise and skills required for building successful end-to-end business-to-business (b-to-b) or business-to-consumer (b-to-c) ecommerce solutions.
As a full service web development and Internet Marketing company, Advanced Media Productions has the knowledge to bring your company a new vision and a unique combination of ecommerce consulting, technical, creative and marketing skills to implement cutting edge database driven ecommerce web sites that help you achieve your business goals.
Ecommerce Business-to-Consumer (B2C)
Whether you are planning a small custom-built ecommerce web site for a home-based business or a large, scalable retail enterprise system you need to realize an ecommerce environment that creates efficiencies and cost reductions for users and your own organization.
A true cost effective business-to-consumer ecommerce environment requires an end-to-end solution that is flexible for both customers and the business rules driving the content and commerce. This means that customers must have web access to product information and availability, order status and history and account information. Site operators must have full control over product content, product management, inventory, order fulfillment, shipping and sales information.
Business-to-Consumer Ecommerce Web Site
Our B2C ecommerce web sites are based on our Open Commerce Architecture™ framework, which includes strategic marketing branding and web design consultation, professional content creation, a robust ecommerce features set, site management and administration, systems integration, managed services and hosting. Below is a detailed description of the features and functions of our standard Open Commerce Architecture™ based business-to-consumer ecommerce web sites.
Custom Site Design
- Custom designed site banner, logo design, navigation buttons (links), site layout and color scheme of customers' choice
- Home page with links to View Account, Customer and Corporate Account login, Shopping Cart, Checkout page and site map
- Customizable product input and management using built-in merchant tools
- Unlimited number of categories, sub-categories and detail product pages
- Assign products to multiple categories and sub-categories
- Bulk product upload/product feed - Import product information from other sites or databases through a XML data feed file
- Internal product search - Product keyword search with search query archiving.
- Dynamic imaging - Enlarge image view, image zoom, multiple views (front, side, back) for optimum user experience
- Color swatch selection - Allows users to choose from a range of available colors
- Out-of-stock notification - Generates an out-of-stock message on the detail products page with an expected in-stock date
- Mark product(s) as "Unavailable" - Product(s) can be marked "Not available", which removes the product from the product catalog, but not from the product database
- Video playback - Product videos can be uploaded and played back on detailed product pages
- Order editing - All order components can be edited
- Order search - Search orders by customer name, company name, state, date, order ID, order status
- Partial and back-order shipment - Ship in-stock items and out-of-stock items later
- Order history - Registered users will be able to view a list of previously placed orders and transfer selected orders into the shopping cart
- Order status tracking - Registered users will be able to track the status of current orders and partially shipped orders
- Regular shopping cart or drop-down shopping cart - The merchant can choose between a regular shopping cart or drop-down shopping cart that pops up on the product detail page when a product is transferred in the shopping cart
- Shopping cart automatically totals all items in the shopping cart
- Shopping cart editing - Customers can delete items from the shopping cart and update product quantity
- Estimated shipping cost calculation - Customers can calculate a shipping quote within the shopping cart before entering the checkout page
- Shopping cart/Checkout system with automatic calculation of totals, shipping cost and sales tax
- Real-time credit card processing – Allows order payment by major credit card
- Real-time shipping charge calculation - Shipping charges will be calculated in real-time from UPS rate tables
- Payment processing at time of sale or during order fulfillment
- Flexible UPS shipping options with UPS rating, address validation and airbill generation support
- Email notification - Customer receives order confirmation with order tracking number and shipping confirmation when order(s) ships. Merchant will be notified via email that an order is waiting to be processed
- Secure (SSL) encrypted transfer of order and credit card information
- Secure HTTPS/SSL and password protected access to admin section
- Security access history - Assigns a unique ID to each person with access to the admin section
- Full log-out capabilities for site administrator and customer
- PCI compliance - Web servers are firewall protected, credit card numbers are stored no longer than necessary, sensitive data is encrypted and access restricted, audit logs are created
- "Featured Product(s)" or "Discounted Special(s)" - Site administrator can designate any product as a "Discounted Special" or "Featured Product" and have these products appear on the home page with the original price crossed out
- Up-selling and cross-selling capabilities - Suggestively sells alternate and complementary products
- Sales promotions - % off, $ off, free with purchase, buy one get one free, free shipping and shipping discounts
- Discount coupon promotion - Site administrator can set discount coupon codes for the entire product set, product category or individual product(s) and expiration date
- Wishlist/Gift registry - Customers can creation multiple wishlists of products they want to buy in the future for themselves or others
- Newsletter subscription management - Email capture text box for building in-house opt-in email lists
- Account management - Site administrator can login and update customer account information
- Product management and order management - Main functions are: add, edit and delete products and sort orders by customer name, company name, date, order id, order status
- Pricing updates - flexible interface for price mark-up or mark-down for all items or for certain categories
- Sales statistics/reports - Generate sales reports for sales by date or date range, product type, customer, geographic location, order size, etc.
- Content management - WYSIWYG editor the site administrator can use to add, edit and delete content on web pages and add and delete web pages
- Blog administration - Allows the site administrator or other designated individuals to post blog posts and comment on posts
- Customer review management - Review customer reviews, turn customer reviews on or off
- XML export - Generates an XML product feed of product data and information for transfer into another system
- Email list management - Site administrator will be able to add, edit and delete email addresses and export email addresses from the database in popular file formats
- Voluntary customer account registration - Provides potential customers with the opportunity to register for a customer account
- View account information - Allows customer(s) to login to view and update customer account information and check order status
- Onsite blog program - Customers can comment on blog posts
- RSS product feeds - Customer can subscribe to product feeds to receive the latest information on product specials and promotions
- Onsite user product reviews - Customers can rate and share their experiences with a product(s)
- Send-to-a-friend - Email the content of a product detail page or category page to a destination address
- Print-friendly print version - Reformats and prints current active page with navigation links and other web page elements removed
- Web site social media optimization and integration - Links to social media news sites like Digg, Reddit, Del.ici.ous, StumbleUpon and two-way integration with social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Buzz, YouTube and others
Organic search engine optimization (SEO)
- Dynamic category and detail product page titles and meta tag descriptions - Automatically generates unique page titles and meta tag descriptions from the category name and product name
- User-defined product image file names and Alt tags - Supports image search engine optimization
- 100% static URL’s - All links appear to be “static” with no parameters in the URL. This ensures that search engines can fully crawl and index the site content
- Retail gift module - Shipping of order(s) to multiple recipients (ship-to-addresses); purchase and redemption of electronic gift certificate(s), gift wrapping with gift message
- Custom sales tax zones - Allows for set-up of custom zones and group of zones for sales tax based on state, county and postal code.
- "Live" Chat (LivePerson) integration - Commonly used as a way for a sales or support staff to instantly engage with web site visitors; both in a reactive and proactive fashion.
- eStrata integration - Enable accurate tracking of inbound telephone responses.
- Accounting management - Integration with QuickBooks and QuickBooks Merchant Services for bi-directional synchronization of invoices/sales receipts, products and customer information
- Drop shipping from manufacturer - Integration with drop ship manufacturers’ electronic data systems for order fulfillment
- FedEx, USPS and DHL integration - Enables real-time shipping charge calculations using FedEx and USPS rate tables and real-time shipping quotes for DHL
- Alternate payment options - Google checkout and PayPal online payment systems
- Custom systems integration - Integration with a wide range of payment systems, databases, accounting and inventory control systems
Contact us or call 1-888-755-5151 for more information.
Ecommerce - Business-to-Business (B2B)
Our Open Commerce Architecture-based ecommerce framework allows small-to-medium size businesses and large enterprises to establish an affordable and effective online business-to-business sales channel. Our b-to-b ecommerce web sites provide an unique level of functionality for all types of online B2B businesses, including wholesalers and manufactures that distribute their products to other businesses that then resell the products to consumers.
Advanced Media Productions takes all of the technologies and processes needed to operate an ecommerce business successfully and makes them available through one, integrated and easy-to-manage ecommerce web site. Our ecommerce b-to-b web sites provide wholesale customers and manufacturers with the tools necessary to manage ecommerce b-to-b operations efficiently and cost-effectively and keep resellers and retailers satisfied and loyal. For instance, wholesellers and manufacturers with mixed wholesale/retail operations can have both consumer b-to-c and wholesale b-to-b functionality while sharing the same inventory database, but with different product pricing levels.
Custom Business-to-Business Ecommerce Web Site
The custom B2B ecommerce web site comes with all content and functionality of the B2C web site and the following specific B-to-B functionality:
- Corporate account registration - Invites resellers to apply for a corporate account. A corporate account provides the resellers with a range of benefits, e.g. custom pricing and “open terms” billing
- Multiple corporate accounts - B-to-b ecommerce sites support multiple corporate accounts with unique secure user login
- Corporate account management - Enables the site administrator to view and update all corporate account information
- Order payment on ‘open terms’ - Purchase product by purchase order (PO)
- Whole sale pricing - Various wholesale price levels based on volume purchase
Optional B-to-B Commerce Functionality
- Drop shipping - B-to-b wholesale drop shippers can print drop-ship packing slips with their reseller’s company logo, address, phone number, and order number
- B-to-B systems integration - We integrate all of the best available technologies wholesalers and manufacturers need to do business online and create a streamlined ecommerce sales and operations environment that utilizes not only a combination of fulfillment centers, in-house warehouse or drop shippers, but also keeps up with today's demand and allows you to plan for future growth. Our “best of breed” systems integration approach makes the communication between e-commerce wholesalers and resellers seamless by automatically transmitting product, inventory, and orders between suppliers and resellers
- Web Site Management and Maintenance
- Search Engine Optimization
- Paid Search Management
- Email Marketing
- Media Placement
- Social Media Marketing
Contact us or call 1-888-755-5151 for more information.